As parents, expect stains. Every day somewhere in the world, open the mattress or dirty thanks to kids and dogs. But did you know that one of the most common mattress stains is blood stains? Seems like cramps, bloating, and mood swings are not enough to deal with. It can happen to anyone – young or old – as many women who read this article will attest. The bloodstains can be hard to remove, you can’t just throw the mattress in the washing machine and call it a day on mattress cleaning. You may be wondering how to get rid of period bleeding from a mattress. Honestly, it’s not as hard as you think as long as you act fast.
How To Get Period Of Blood Bleeding On A Mattress
Didn’t you accidentally get a weather stain on your bed? It happens We move a lot in our sleep and even the best tampons, pads, menstrual cups, or season panty can cause leaks, especially in the early days of heavy flow is the name of the game. If you find yourself faced with a weather stain and you don’t know where to start, here are a few different methods to get the mattress clean again.
Enzyme cleaners are any cleaning products that use enzymes to break down stains. They are safe on most fabrics and have one of the best chances of lifting blood stains if used first.
Stains are made of different types of particles, so make sure you target the right enzyme. Protein Enzymes break down proteins and are ideal for blood, gravy, eggs, and other protein stains. Follow the guidance on the bottle for stain lifting.
Don’t apply enzyme cleaner directly on the stain. Instead, pour some enzyme cleaner on a towel and tap the stained area. Let them air dry. These types of cleansers work as long as they are wet, so consider reapplying every few hours if necessary. Do not sleep in this area of the mattress when wet. When the stain is gone, vacuum the area with an upholstery brush to remove residue.
The blood dissolves in cold water. Mix normal water and dish liquid. Using a clean cloth, pick up the bloodstain until it is removed. Do not use hot water or steam on bloodstains unless you are itching for a reason to buy new sheets. That will cook the bloodstain and set it on the cloth.
There are several ways to use hydrogen peroxide to get period blood from a mattress:
Fill the stain with hydrogen peroxide.
When hydrogen peroxide comes in contact with blood, it will bubble and foam. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. After removing the stain, rinse with cold water. Use paper towels or a white rag to soak the remaining liquid until the stain disappears. Why a white rag? This prevents the transfer of dye from the fabric to the mattress. It can take many applications to remove or fade the stain with pleasure.
Create a stain remover paste.
Mix a fourth cup of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon per liquid dish soap and table salt. Rub on the stain. When dry, rub off the residue and strip any remaining stain.
Stubborn stains, mix cornstarch, salt, and hydrogen peroxide.
Combine half a cup of cornstarch, half a cup of hydrogen peroxide, and a tablespoon of salt to form a paste. Let the spot sit for 30 minutes and then use an old toothbrush to clean it. Gently discard the paste with cold water and a clean towel. Repeat as needed.
Here are two ways to use baking soda to remove weather stains:
- Mix baking soda and water. Mix baking soda with cold water. Apply the mixture with a clean cloth all over the stained area. Let sit for 30 minutes. Wash with a cloth soaked in cold water. Dab dry with a towel.
- Combine baking soda, white vinegar, and water. If the stain is small and not set, this mixture can do the trick! Make sure you remove moisture from the mattress by drying the affected area. Do not rub. Sprinkle baking soda on the stained area. When it dries a bit, vacuum the leftovers or use a damp cold cloth to blot the mixture. Feel free to repeat the process several times.
Do not use expired baking soda. It won’t work as well as the fresh stuff.
- Clean the stain as soon as possible to prevent drying and setting in. Blot as much as you can before trying any of the suggested solutions.
- Some remedies you use to get blood time on the mattress will work right away. Try the same treatment several times before moving on to another.
- The mattress is expensive. Use a liquid mattress protector to make future cleaning easier.
- If this is your daughter’s first time experiencing this type of accident, they may be embarrassed. Make sure they understand that this is a natural occurrence and there is nothing to be ashamed of.